To teach the principles of managing patients with TMD symptoms related to occlusion disharmony specifically pain related symptoms.
To teach the principles of managing patients with TMD symptoms related to occlusion disharmony specifically pain related symptoms. To determine a cause and effect relationship to pain and the psychology of the patient in pain.
- Learn how to manage a patient with TMD symptoms related to pain management.
- Discover effective implementation of timelines for patient’s expectations.
- Determine when to and not to treat.
- TMD symptoms diagnosis and treatment planning
- Neuromuscular evaluation using K7
- Radiographic evaluation and interpretation
- Pathology and Psychology of a Pain Patient
- Pain management
- Record keeping and documentation
- Neuromuscular Massage Therapy
- Holistic/Alternative Medicine
- Allergy Elimination
Release date: Wed, February 24, 2010
“Changing Our Attitudes Towards Pain Patients” is co-sponsored by Dental Tribune America, LLC. Dental Tribune America LLC is a recognized ADA CERP provider.
Joseph Barton, DMD
Dr. Barton received his Bachelor of Science and Doctor of Medical Dentistry degrees from the University of Florida in 1986. He has been in private practice since graduation in Jacksonville Florida creating Powerful Smiles ™ of Jacksonville.
In 1995, Dr Barton began course study at Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies (LVI Global). Dr. Barton transitioned his general dentistry practice into one that focused on comprehensive neuromuscular aesthetic dentistry.
He has achieved graduate status at the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies (LVI Global) as well as earned the LVI Global Mastership award for excellence in Neuromuscular Aesthetic Dentistry. He teaches dentists from all over the world the latest treatments for aesthetic dentistry, full mouth reconstruction, and neuromuscular occlusion. Dr. Barton is affiliated with many dental organizations; IACA, AGD, ICCMO, AACD, FDA, NANSC, as well many local and state affiliations. He is past president of International Association for Comprehensive Aesthetics (IACA). He is a frequent speaker to many local study groups and associations.