Millions of Americans avoid going to the dentist due to fear and anxiety. Of the people who routinely visit the dentist, 82% state they experience some level of anxiety during their dental appointment.
Avoiding the dentist can have negative consequences that can lead to increased health problems and a lower quality of life. Research shows an important oral systemic health link and the need for proper oral hygiene.
- The triggers that cause dental anxiety- the polyvagal theory.
- The anatomy and physiology of stress and anxiety (central nervous system alert >amygdala>hypothalamus>pituitary gland>adrenal gland>”fight or flight response
- Brainwave function of stress and anxiety
- How mindfulness, sedation, and relaxation techniques work to interrupt the “fight or flight” response
- The applied neuropsychobiology behind NuCalm all –natural anxiolytic clinical solution
- The clinical application and clinical impact of NuCalm
- The business impact of NuCalm- an all natural way to grow your practice
Release date: Tue, October 22, 2013
Speaker: Jim Poole, CEO Solace Lifesciences
Jim is an accomplished business executive with extensive experience in the dental, healthcare, biotechnology, market research, and IT industries. Jim has successfully launched global products, managed growth strategies, and effectively optimized business operations for both large and small organizations. He is the President and CEO of Solace Lifesciences, a neuroscience company that develops anxiolytic clinical solutions for healthcare providers. Jim co-founded Focused Evolution, a premier global management strategy-consulting firm.
As a Managing Partner of Focused Evolution, Jim managed mergers and acquisitions, due diligence, and growth strategies for venture capital and private equity firms. Under Jim’s leadership, Focused Evolution grew into a multi-million dollar consulting firm serving a global client portfolio of 49 companies in several industries. Jim serves on the board of directors of several medical device firms throughout the world. He is a recognized business leader, speaker, and accomplished author. He has published over 30 articles in industry trade journals.
Jim earned a BA in Psychology from the University of Massachusetts in Amherst and an MBA in International Business/Marketing from Babson College.
Phone: 888.584.3237; 702.341.7978